we are hiring!!
why not join a winning team!!
10140 US Highway 87 East | San Antonio, TX, 78263 |United States
***** current Openings *****
Meat Market Clerk - Job Opportunity Details
Pruski’s Market is a family owned business established in 2006 bringing quality meat cuts to your plate. We offer a wide variety of smoked-fully cooked meats, deli meats, fresh produce, non-perishable foods, an assortment of cold beverages, and fuel. We live by our company mission statement, “The quality you remember with the service you deserve”. We are looking to grow our “family” in various areas of our business. Whether you have a meat background, want to learn about meat, or would like to serve people, we are looking for someone like you.
Overview of Responsibilities
As a Meat Market Clerk, you will be working at the center of the action. You will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service, practicing safe food handling procedures, and should have a willingness to learn about all meat cuts and preparation techniques. The Meat Market Clerk may receive and store meats, restock shelves, and rotate product following first-in-first-out inventory practices.
Qualifications To be a Meat Market Clerk at Pruski’s Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have basic knowledge of math, weights and measures.
- Be a dependable team player
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate well, both written and verbal
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area including tables, floor, walls, cooler, freezer, or anything else asked of you
- Adhere to all safety, health, Weights & Measures regulations, government policies and guidelines
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hours continuously and/or a total of 8 hours per shift is a must. There will be much walking throughout the facility.
- Be able to work in temperatures from -10 to 90°F as needed.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically up to 50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this task. Pruski’s Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.